Paranormal Investigation: Rensselaer County, New York - 2005
- Site Type: Private Residence
- Location: Rensselaer County, New York
- Date: April 3, 2005
- Client Status: Anonymous
The ISIS team set out to investigate a home in Rensselaer county after hearing numerous rumors that the house was haunted. Co-founder Patricia Gardner approached the owners of the location and received permission to investigate and on April 3, 2005, five ISIS team members, three females and two males, set out to investigate the location. What was most striking about the location is its uncanny resemblance to the Addams Family Mansion. In fact, during the interview, the ISIS team learned that many locals refer to the site as the Addams Family House. The house, located in Rensselaer county, was built in 1865 and possesses an eerie atmosphere.
An investigator conducted the interview with the current owners, two brothers who wish to maintain anonymity, and the current caretaker of the location. While an investigator conducted the interview, another investigator worked on EVP captures, and a third investigator worked on EMF detection, and two additional investigators worked on capturing photographic evidence. Photos were taken in all of the unoccupied apartments as well as in the attic and basement.
The interview revealed that the owners have owned the house for 12 years and they have been gradually remodeling it over time. The building currently houses 5 apartments, 5 bathrooms, 7 bedrooms, 5 front rooms, and various terraces, alcoves and smaller rooms. The previous owners had purchased the location sometime in the 1960's and had owned it for approximately 34 years. Further, the previous owners claimed that they never had experience any phenomenon. According to the current owners of the location, they have never experienced anything even though they are at the location quite a bit. Conversely, they have received numerous complaints from various tenants. Complaints have included:
- Smoke alarms have been noted to go off in apartment number four. Interestingly, the owners of the location are both electricians and are confident of the sound wiring of the said location.
- One 20 year-old, female tenant complained that a statue she had placed in a hallway nook would be turned around backwards when she arrived home from work
- The caretaker, heard unexplained banging, often got eerie sensations, and has heard his name whispered repeatedly when no one was present.
- Tenants in apartment number one have experienced episodes after returning home from work; they would find a picture that was hung on the wall above a fish tank, in the middle of the living room floor. This particular incident occurred on several occasions and there is no explanation as to why the picture did not fall directly into the fish tank (a tank with no lid).
- A 40 year-old, female tenant had numerous experiences: the smoke alarms made sounds that were strange and erratic and she would then yell at it to stop. She also, at one time, experienced sleep paralysis; she could not open her eyes, and when she finally did manage to do so, she saw three pairs of disembodied hands in the middle of the night. During that event, the air turned chilly, and she had once returned home from work and found all of her jewelry resting outside of the jewelry box in disarray all over her dressing area. One final note, as a result of her uncanny experiences at the location, this particular tenant, despite the amount of rent she had prepaid, moved from the location.
- Occasionally, car alarms will go off without any warrant for it.
- Finally, one of the tenants gets "creeped out by the basement,” and has smelled the overwhelming scent of roses and a very old smelling masculine cologne in the basement area. Interestingly, the ISIS team has captured a photograph of a male entity in this same area, as well as, male EVPs.
General Investigative Stats:
- Weather: cloudy- 39-49 degrees F.
- Sky Activity: Waning crescent
- Solar X-rays: Normal
- Geomagnetic field: quiet
- Video camera (Panasonic), Radio Shack Tape Recorder with external microphone, Sony Cybershot P41 and two Argus 35mm with 400 speed film, Cell sensor EMF detector, one digital thermometer, two standard audio cassettes and one VHS-C tape
The team captured numerous photos at the location revealing images of animals, men, and a woman. Numerous orbs were also captured. We have dubbed the woman "The Red Lady" because in many shots that she appears in a strange red light appears either near her or directly on her image. Also interesting are the photos that reveal entities in several windows of the location.
Temperature readings revealed startling results: a temperature fluctuation from 70.7 down to 43.4 occurred in the basement at 7:40 pm; the average temperature of the attic rose from the average of 45 degrees to 55, 60, and 63 degrees on three separate occasions.
We captured 15 EVP samples of men, a woman and children including, "Did you miss me?" and "Get out, Dominque." EVPs ranged from class A through class C.
The team experienced some difficulties with our radios. Our radios changed channels completely by themselves from channel 2 to channel 20, and the radio downstairs changed from station 2 to 1 unaided. In addition, static, strange noises and an unknown female came over the radio saying, "yoo-hoo.” Interestingly, the team later captured an EVP with a female voice saying "yoo-hoo," while one of our investigators is speaking. Similarly, one of our investigators complained of hearing a "pig noise."
Along these same lines, our video camera's battery drained down to nearly no charge within a fifteen minute time span and one 35 mm camera went off by itself. .
EMF reading revealed the following:
Reading fluctuating between 3-5 milliGauss between 7:35 and 7:40 pm in the basement area, near the stairs, where we captured the photo of a male entity. We were not near enough to any electrical wiring to naturally explain away the readings.
- View our Photo Gallery for paranormal photos associated with this case.
- View our EVP Gallery for Electronic Voice Phenomena captures associated with this case.
Copyright © 2010 ISIS Paranormal Investigations. All Rights
Credits: Graphic Allusions
and Tairo Designs.